David Frederick Gomez, Labor and Employment Attorney, Arbitrator, Mediator.
Attorney David Frederick Gomez serves clients in all areas of labor and employment law, and serves as a neutral in labor and employment arbitrations and mediations. He is an Employment Panel Member of the American Arbitration Association.
On May 22, 2010, David was elected a Fellow of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, a highly select group of leading lawyers nationwide who have distinguished themselves in the practice of labor and employment law. Membership is by invitation only.
Mr. Gomez was also honored as the Best Lawyers' 2013 Phoenix Employment Law - Individuals "Lawyers of the Year."
Mr. Gomez served as a Law Clerk and Field Attorney for the National Labor Relations Board, Region 21, in Los Angeles, California from 1974-1975. He also served as an Instructor in contracts law for the National Lawyers Guild Peoples College of Law in Los Angeles, California from 1975-1976. He has also served as a member of the Faculty at the Practicing Law Institute and was a contributing author of their publication, “Advanced Strategies in Employment Law 1988.”
Mr. Gomez served as a Member of the Judicial Oversight Council of the Limited Jurisdiction Courts of Maricopa County from 2002-2006. He is a Fellow of the Arizona Bar Foundation.
- J.D. University of Southern California School of Law (1974)
- B.A., M.A., Loyola University of Los Angeles; St. Paul's College, Washington, DC (1965, 1968)
- Arizona State Courts
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Arizona (Member: Rules of Professional Conduct Committee, 1991-1997; Civil Jury Instructions Committee, 1992-1994; Peer Review Committee, 1992-2000; Task Force on Future of Legal Profession, 1998-2001)
- Arizona Employment Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Directors, 1996)
- American Bar Association
- Los Abogados Hispanic Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association (Northern California Chapter)
- Ford vs. Revlon, Inc., 153 Ariz. 38, 734 P.2d 580 (1987)
- Jurgella vs. Danielson, 158 Ariz. 542, 764 P.2d 27 (1988)
- Paul R. Peterson Construction, Inc. vs. Arizona State Carpenters Health and Welfare Trust Fund, 179 Ariz. 474, 880 P.2d 694 (App. 1994)
- Perez v. Department of Health, 71 Cal.App.3d 923 (1977)